Have you ever found yourself in a slump? You just can’t seem to feel good about anything? You feel unfocused about your goals, your irritability level is on the rise? When the alarm goes off in the morning you want to just turn over and skip the day? Yuck, right?
Well what if I told you there is one thing you could be doing everyday, that can take as little as 5 minutes, that would dramatically change not only your outlook but change your reality?
That one thing is practicing gratitude. There are 5 reasons why this little gem is so powerful. Read on and discover them for yourself:
1. It’s impossible to hold a negative thought. When you put yourself into the energy of gratitude and appreciation you are flowing some of the highest vibrational energy possible. And when you are flowing positive energy it is virtually impossible to hold a negative thought at the same time. And it doesn’t have to be gratitude for the big things. It can be as simple as thanks for the new day.
2. Gratitude is viral. So what happens when you start to flow all that positive energy? The same thing that happens when you are flowing not so positive energy. It goes out into the ether and finds its tribe. It’s the Law of Attraction at its best. You are contributing to the amping up of the planet’s vibrational set point. Very cool!
3. You will feel better, just because. Yes, you will. When you’re feeling like you just want to pull the covers over your head in the morning because things look grim, you may not suddenly feel like you’re on top of the world, but you will be able to feel a little bit better. And when you continue to find something to be grateful for, you’ll keep on feeling a little bit better. Try it. It really works.
4. Gratitude raises your awareness. When you make the decision that you are going to look for things to be grateful for, you begin to notice all of the things there are in your life to be appreciating. And the more you appreciate, the more you become aware. You’ll start to develop the habit of being more focused on what’s going right in your life, on what’s working.
5. You will begin to believe in possibilities. Feeling better, focusing on what’s working, attracting more of what you want to do and have all will begin to transform your outlook to one of believing in possibilities. You have become aware of so much abundance in your life and in the world around you that it becomes easy to believe that the Universe is also a place of abundant possibilities.
Practicing gratitude every day begins with deciding that today is the day you are doing it. It doesn’t take a fancy journal. A spiral notebook works just fine. It doesn’t take a lot of time. Five minutes can get you started.
Give it a try for a week. Let me know how it goes.